Thursday, April 10, 2014
Glad we have that all cleared up
I'm sitting at my desk. Laura, who's been asleep for an hour and a half, comes out. She's fast-stepping in place, rubbing her tummy, and trying to tell me something. "I have. Aloo. Some. I need." I ask her if she needs to go potty. I ask her if she's already gone to the bathroom. I ask her again what she needs. Finally, I pick her up, carry her back to bed, and tuck her in. I sit back down at my desk. A minute later, I hear little footsteps again. "What do you need? Who's up?" I get up to go find the source of the footsteps and again find a fast-stepping, tummy-rubbing, confused Laura. I asked her what she's up for. Stepping. Rubbing. I say, "how about you go potty, and you can tell me while you're in there." I carry her to the bathroom. She looks at the toilet, pulls down her jammies, and starts to sit down. "No! Sweetie pie, you need to open the lid first." She looks at the toilet in a bit of confusion, then opens the lid, and nearly lifts off when she starts to go. I asked her if that's what she was up for. No response. I carry her back to bed again, tuck her in again, and she's asleep again. Although I suspect she was never really awake, just like every night when she gets up to go to the bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment